Hi guys! We’re back with weekly news roundup, so let’s get started!
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cut its repo rate by 0.25% on June 6, 2019, this is the 3rd time this year. The repo rate, at which the central bank lends to the system, will come down to 5.75% after the cut.
- Mumbai is leading among the 56 cities, and Delhi is at the fourth position according to a new report detailing the traffic situation. However, said traffic in the two cities decreased slightly in 2018.
- ITC Ltd has declared a collaboration with the Pune Municipal Corporation for sustainable management of multi-layered plastic waste in the city.
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that his government is considering making Delhi Metro and bus travel free for women in the city in order to encourage the use of public transport and women safety.
- Greater Noida’s upcoming Jewar International Airport, which is said to be the largest airport in India by surface area will be connected to two metro lines. A budget of Rs 6,869 crore has been approved by The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) for two metro lines.
That was all for this week, we’ll be back next week with new updates until then stay updated and don’t let the Friday feeling fade away.