Lost Property Papers

or Login to create new topic or participate

Realty Myths Home Forums Public Forum Lost Property Papers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rahul Anand 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #139273

    Harsh Aditya

    What if I lose my original property papers?


    Mohit Sarin

    The owner should file an FIR stating that the documents have been lost, misplaced or stolen, and get a copy of the complaint. If the house is mortgaged and the documents have been misplaced by the bank, the FIR will still have to be filed by the owner. If you are a buyer then it is your right to ask the seller to provide you with a copy of the FIR.


    Ravi Kumar

    The owner can also apply for a duplicate share certificate from the housing society depending on the police complaint. The housing society can put up the share certificate application on their society meeting and if it gets the nod from everyone concerned, then the society will issue a copy of this certificate after charging a certain amount.


    Rahul Anand

    To get a duplicate copy of the sale deed, you need to visit registrar’s office as it keeps all the records of transactions in its jurisdiction. The owner will have to submit copies of the police complaint, share certificate from the housing society, the newspaper advertisement, and the undertaking, at the deputy registrar’s office and pay the required charges. He/she will then be issued a copy of the sale deed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.