Weekly News Roundup
Hey Guys! Welcome to the weekly news round-up.
Let’s get started!
- There is an upsurge in the housing launches in Q1 2019 by 17% across Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Chennai. Bengaluru led the lot, with a share of 48% of the total new launches, according to the report.
- Nashik dams are left with only 17% water stock of their capacity, which is 9% lower than last year. 250 tankers have been arranged by the district administration to meet the demand for drinking water.
- The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has ordered the removal of roofs and advertising boards from 21-foot over-bridges (FOBs) on the Eastern Express Highway (EEH) and Western Express Highway (WEH), to strengthen them.
- The National Geographic Society announced an international, all-woman expedition team of researchers who will study plastic pollution in the river Ganga and document the flow of plastic waste from source to sea.
- Indian Film and Television Director’s Association (IFTDA) has appealed to Godrej Properties, to build a ‘Raj Kapoor museum’ on the site of the iconic RK Studios. Godrej is planning to develop a mixed-use project housing luxury flats and retail spaces, on the land.
That was all for this week, we’ll come back next week with new updates until then stay updated and don’t forget to vote on Sunday!