The concept of loud and flashy is making home for minimal designs that are aesthetic and practical at the same time. Many a time and it is with most of us, we overdo simplicity at home. In our virtue of decoration or creating vibrancy in the house, we overindulge and end up with a mess. And, by that, we don’t necessarily mean to say that your house doesn’t look tastefully decorated or impress people but you do so at a cost of losing space or may be, making yourself really uncomfortable around it. Every furniture piece is delicate and gives a message, so when you give a too much display; it loses the very essence and appeal of it.
Now if you desire comfort, appeal, style and real decoration, keep it to the minimal. Yes, we are discussing the aesthetics and practice of home decor, how they bond over your limited space and create a real vibe full of life, warmth and sensuousness.
Let us first introduce you to the concept of minimalist home decor. It is nothing except the theory or practice of ‘less is more’. But when you look at the depth of this concept, it is so intriguing and exceptional that you will be surprised to find yourself stuck at different points of–how to do it. Does an idea of a plain wall or wallpaper with simple artistic expression make sense to you yet? Don’t worry, it is not only about naked walls but it is about what to decorate the wall with. It can be an exception like a functional clock which comes in various designs such as the chic, ethnic, or the vintage style to do something artistic on the walls.
The recent frenzy of street art on the walls is a great expression inside the bedroom and frankly, all that you need to decorate the space. The basic concept of minimalist design is to do away with the unnecessary stuff and decorate with/the utility or functional items instead.
It makes your life simple and gives a very friendly vibe at home. There are many ways to do it and we discuss few of them:
- Use monochrome patterns inside the bedroom. It will immediately attract attention and keep the need of accessorisingat bay. A black and white checkered bed wall or following the same pattern on the cupboard will add instant glory. You can try different colour patterns too.
- Use the English classy style furniture with a cushioned foot rest and head rest. They look stylish and serve a greater purpose than that delicate furniture which needs that extra vigil each time.
- If you have space or a guest room, you can spread high-quality mattresses on the floor, pile it up with cushions all over and to add more grace, use a plain white cover spread and cushion covers in a colourful pattern. It will immediately attract attention from visitors at home and create instant warmth too.
- One can experiment a lot with innovative designs on the wall. If you love nature, there is plenty to do like a roaring tiger portrait or if you wish for something soft, do a botanical drawing such as a ripening tree on the wall. An image speaks 1000s words together and our guess is, you will love the experience.
- A modern house interior has plush sofas in neutral shades. You can deck up the look with cushions or the window draperies. Even a small rug in the bottom of the centre table looks every elegant.
- You have a choice to add sleek and compact décor items to the living room. Buy a tall lamp stand with a broad shade and experiment with mood lighting. If you wish to do it differently, try resting a vintage piece in one corner.
These are only few ideas on how you can go ballistic with minimal designing. The best part is that you don’t need to worry about high maintenance all the while, though it does need a lot of care, you do away with greater risk at home. In return, you have more floor space for kids to move around and live life to the maximum.