Welcome back to the Weekly News Round-Up! Let’s see what’s in the bulletin for this week.
- Cab aggregator Ola has entered into a partnership with Microsoft Research to measure real-time, street-level air quality in Delhi-NCR through sensors mounted on its cabs.
- Even three years after DeMo up to 30% of the total transaction value on the secondary (resale) residential market across India can still be paid in cash.
- Residents of unauthorized colonies in the national capital will be able to apply for ownership rights starting December 16.
- Commuters using the Kolkata Metro will now have to shell out more for traveling longer distances, as it announced an increase in fares after a gap of six years, on November 26, 2019.
- Several areas in Delhi such as Okhla, Karawal Nagar, Yamuna Vihar which come under the Yamuna O-Zone along the floodplains will not be provided ownership rights in unauthorized colonies in these areas.