Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power utility, has pioneered the art of empowering consumers with smart innovations and technologies. The company has facilitated service excellence and convenience to its ever-growing smart consumer base and supported smart transformations in the power sector.
Today, Tata Power serves more than 2.6 million distribution consumers across Mumbai, Delhi and Ajmer. With a 103-year track record of technology leadership, project execution excellence, world-class safety processes, customer care and driving green initiatives, the company will continue ‘lighting up lives’ for generations to come. Now, with the changing landscape of the Indian power sector and technological disruption, Tata Power has been the leader of change from traditional-led to digital-first and simultaneously revolutionised the age-old power industry and the way individuals consume power.
Commenting on the consumer-centric business approach, Mr Praveer Sinha, CEO & Managing Director, Tata Power said, “India is at a cusp of a huge disruption in the energy market with utilities venturing into IoT and digital services backed by innovation. We, at Tata Power, are prepared to embrace this paradigm shift with our consumer-centric growth plan. These initiatives are a testament of Tata Power being the driving force of tomorrow’s Smart Consumers.”
New & Emerging businesses:
- Solar Rooftop Services: Offer cost-effective green energy and a chance for residential consumers to earn from their idle rooftop space. Already launched in key cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Cochin, Ajmer, Bhubaneshwar and Ahmedabad
- Electric Vehicle infrastructure: Green technology solution that encourages consumers to shift from fossil fuel vehicles to electric vehicles with an aim to enable them with a sustainable future. The Company has made Mumbai EV ready and also set up charging stations in Hyderabad.
- Home Automation: IoT solution that encourages consumers to implement innovative & cost-effective automation solutions to minimize electricity consumption and bills
Consumer Service Initiatives:
- Know Your Energy Consumption (KYEC): A daily energy management online tool designed for AMR enabled HT Consumers to monitor their daily energy consumption and take charge of saving energy thereby saving their Bill expenses. This service is being extended to LT Consumers also in a phased manner
- e-NACH: Automated bill payments using this service which drastically cuts Turn-Around-Time (TAT) for online registration and increases customer convenience with registrations on-the-go.
- VoiceBOT Tina: Interactive application powered by Google Assistant that enables consumers to use voice commands various services such as billings, payments and also address all consumer queries using any compatible Android or iOS mobile devices and Google Home devices
- All Women Customer Relations Centre: 1st Power Utility in India to launch this service wherein all operations are manned entirely by women ranging from Security, Front Desk Executives, Cashier and Housekeeping
- WhatsApp Service: Provides a holistic consumer experience by quick resolution of consumer queries and concerns
- ‘Power Rewards’: Consumers are awarded loyalty points on bill payments which can be redeemed across different brands/categories through exclusive discounts and offers.
- e-Wallets: Digital payments through National Automated Clearing House (NACH) and e-Wallets such as Paytm, Amazon, Airtel money, Ola money, Pay Zapp and M-Pesa
- Revamp Customer Portal: Designed with a dynamic & user-friendly experience, thereby enhancing customers engagement with Tata Power while providing best-in-class service at Customers finger-tips
- QR Code: Dynamic QR code printed on consumers’ power supply bill for payments. They can scan the QR code with BHIM or any UPI linked bank apps and pay their bills without any hassle
- Mobile Application: Compatible with Android and iOS platforms designed on SAP MCF Platform, the application gives its users a unique experience due to real-time integration with the enterprise system
- E- Payment: Pay electricity bills through GoI initiated avenues such as Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App, Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), Dynamic Bharat or UPI linked QR Codes (Tata Power Mumbai being the 1st power utility in India to launch the Dynamic UPI-linked QR code payment option and printing of the BharatQR code on power supply bills for ease of bill payment), Debit/Credit Cards, Net Banking, 15 plus e-Wallets, National Automated Clearing House (NACH), Online fund transfer (NEFT/ RTGS, IMPS)