Hi guys! Welcome to the weekly news roundup. Without any ado let’s get started.
- Beginning with an update on ATS: The ATS Group bagged 3 stalled projects of Logix Group Noida. ATS said in a statement that it will ensure delivery of over 4,500 delayed flats beginning 2019-end, in a phased manner.
- Next Update from Madras: The Madras HC, on April 9, 2019, granted an interim stay on the Rs 100-crore penalty imposed by the National Green Tribunal (NGT), on the Tamil Nadu government for its failure to restore the Adyar and Cooum rivers and the Buckingham canal.
- Update on Rainwater harvesting: The SC, on April 8, 2019, stayed a National Green Tribunal (NGT) order imposing a penalty of Rs 5 lakh each on educational institutions in the New Delhi, for failing to install rainwater harvesting systems.
- Development in the Chennai-Salem Expressway project: Madras HC quashed the land acquisition process for the Rs 10,000-crore 8-lane Chennai-Salem highway project, holding that it would have an adverse effect on the environment and it needed a mega realignment.
- Last update on Public Works Department: A 5-year vision document has been prepared by The Central Public Works Department (CPWD) for the next five years. It plans to increase its workload by 25% per annum and focus on executing projects through SPVs.
That was all for this week we’ll be back next week, until then stay updated and cast your vote.