Hi guys, welcome back to the weekly news round-up get ready to get loaded with the real estate updates of the past week. Let’s get started.
- Beginning with the regulation of retirement homes. To address the needs and protect the rights of senior citizens centre issued guidelines for the regulation and redevelopment of retirement homes, on March 6, 2019.
- Next update on BMC panel. A standing committee of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) cleared 69 civic contracts worth more than Rs 500 crores in one hour on March 5, 2019, in a move to clear the proposals before the model code of conduct for the general elections comes into force
- Development in the RRTS project. Delhi Government has been asked to release Rs 265 crores from the Environment Compensation Charge (ECC), for the construction of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) within a week by the Supreme Court.
- Update on DDA. On March 7 2019, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) launched 18,000 housing units in the lower (LIG), middle (MIG) and high-income group (HIG) categories. This may not be the last housing draw as there are over 6,000 under construction flats in Delhi.
- And ending with good news, as Indore got cleanest city award for the third time running, ranking among 4,237 cities followed by Ambikapur in Chattisgarh at second spot and Mysuru in Karnataka at the third.
That was all for this week, we’ll be back next week with another set of weekly news roundup until then stay updated and unpack your summer clothes.