Hey guys! Welcome back to the weekly news roundup, hope you’re all set to gulp in non-stop news trail regarding the real estate sector. Let’s get started!
- Beginning with the update on Mumbai bridge collapse: After the collapse of the Mumbai foot over-bridge, that left six people dead, the structural auditor Neeraj Kumar Desai, who was arrested in connection with the collapse sent to police custody till March 25, 2019.
- Next update from Kolkata: According to the report by Knight Frank India, due to the slowdown in sales, by about 50 % in certain micro-markets, Kolkata real estate prices fall by 4% in July-December 2018.
- Development in Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: NCP has called for scrapping the multi-billion dollar Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project right after the collapse of the foot over-bridge which connected CSMT station.
- Update from Hyderabad: The much-awaited 10-km stretch metro rail link to Hi-Tec City, the IT hub of Hyderabad, has been launched by the governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, ESL Narasimhan, at Ameerpet on March 20, 2019.
- Last but not the least, update on Mumbai Roads: The Bombay High Court on March 14, 2019, stated disappointment over the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) ignoring its orders on the issue of potholes and bad condition of roads in the metropolis.
That was all for this week, we’ll come up with a new set of the weekly news roundup until then stay updated and don’t go in the sea during high tides.